Spot Healing Brush
Sometimes there are objects that need to be removed from an image. The spot healing brush uses content around the selected object and replaces it with similar patterns and pixels.
Let’s Get Started
- Open the Spot Healing file. Notice the fence that is in the image.
2. Select the Spot Healing Brush Tool (J) on the toolbar.
3. Select a soft, round brush. (I chose 30px, 0%). Choose the Content Aware option. Your brush should be slightly larger than the area that you are removing. Using a soft brush makes the edits subtle.
4. Click on the left edge of the top part of the fence. Hold your Shift key and then click on the right side of the top part of the fence. Using the Shift key creates a straight line. If your image is not a straight line you can simply trace over the image shape.
5. Repeat the steps for the bottom part of the fence. When you click on the left side make sure that you have released the Shift key. Then hold Shift after you have clicked on the left side.
6. Save your document. File>Save (CTRL S)